Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Chasing Fears




Verse....
So do not worry saying "what shall we eat?" or "what shall we drink?" or "what shall we wear?" For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly father knows that you need them. But, seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:31-33

Prayer...

It is futile to chase after fear, for fear leaves in its wake a very new path of problems. The people I want to guarantee me security are only people. Their promises do not mean anything to me and my eternal future. I will not wast my time, my day, my evening in pursuit of unnecessary concerns. I need not glance around nervously, anticipating the next problem. You assure me that I need only to look at You and Your kingdom. Here true needs are recognized, and they are filled, satisfied by Your grace. Amen~

No comments: