Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Beyond Reasons

Verse of the day...
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Matthew 25:35-36

Prayer ...
The needs of my brothers and sisters around me are so great. I do not know where to start. There is a strong desire, a thirst to quench, to reach out and help others. But, then I sit back and list the stipulations or the reasons this could go very wrong. This is when I think of You asking us to feed, clothe, and aid the sick, and visit the imprisoned, and it is clear You do not ask me to ask, You ask me to serve. May I truly see You in those I will help today. And, when I cannot, give me the strength to continue giving. Because even when I am blind to You, You are the one who stands before me asking for more. Amen~

No comments: