Friday, May 2, 2008

Like a Child

And he said " I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3-4

How can I change my day today, Lord? In what ways do my grown up thoughts keep me from embracing the pure, sincere faith of a child? Sometimes I think my goals hold me in a pattern of self sufficiency, and I become unable to ask for help -- even from You. My pride, my strong desire to find my own way as an adult keeps me from bowing down at Your feet and asking for Your guidance and mercy.

Show me today how to give up control and accept the changes -- blessings and trials -- that come with a humble, childlike faith. Amen~~

No comments: