Monday, May 12, 2008

The Hunger of the Void

Verse of the day...
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

Prayer of the day...
Sometimes I skate over the voids in my life. I don't even look down to see if the chasm still exists because I don't want to know. But days like today I cannot get up without asking for You to fill that void. I know it is there, and I know I cannot skate, skip, or jump over it...even in a state of denial. The hunger comes from deep within and it does not fade when I puff up my own ego or worth. My hunger and thirst leads me back to Your righteousness, Lord. Only You can fill this place that questions, that missteps, that become empty when ignored. Fill this place in me and let it overflow to all that I do and am. Amen

No comments: