Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dave Ramsey Financial Peace 101

Hey, just wanted to say that Lois and I have completed the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University Course that was offered through Crossroads. It was an awesome experience and I give a special applause to Lois, who managed to make every single class, despite her kidney stones! It took a lot of perseverance because she was in a lot of pain due to the stint that was put in to help her pass the stones. Lois, you are awesome! (clap, clap, clap)

I would recommend this course to everyone. If you think you would be interested in getting a crash course, I will be happy to do this and I am sure Lois will be happy to assist as well, right Lois? Let me know if you are interested and we will plan to do this soon. There are 13 sessions that were covered. We may want to expand it to two Saturdays. I do suggest going through the course that the church offers, if possible. Our summarized version will just give you a head start. Two reasons for attending the Church sessions if possible are, you get to meet even more people just like you at Crossroads. It helps to know that others are bearing some of the same crosses, and it keeps you accountable for 13 weeks, which helps you develop good money habits. I can see results already. I am looking forward to being debt free. I will be posting money tips along each week, so be sure to check the blog and get on your way to Financial Peace. Remember the Lord loves a cheerful giver...:) And if we are debt free, we can tithe and give charitably which makes for a happy heart as a Christian.

As Dave Ramsey says " Live like no one else now, so that you can live like no one else later." We can apply this to our spiritual walk as well. Let's not do as the world tells us, but what the Lord asks of us and then truly we will be blessed now and later. :) Love you all!!!

No comments: